Monday 27 February 2012

'Exploration and Discovery'. Abstract work



This is my final piece for an exam project titled 'Exploration and Discovery'. I chose to base this project around the exploration of new materials and methods of working, and the discovery of new skills and outcomes. The project began with experimentation with collage, a medium I had never worked with previously, and progressed into abstract paintings. I am very influenced by the artist (and previous college tutor of mine), Letitia Thompson's work, and the idea of recording and rewriting memories represented in heavily layered abstract paintings. I use my instinct to feel where the next mark should be placed to create a balanced composition of complimenting textures, shapes, colours and mark making.

No comments:

Post a Comment